Despite being just south of the equator, the climate at our farm is far from what many might expect. Situated in the mountains with peaks on the farm over 3350m, nights and early mornings can be cool (7 -11C) while daytime temps warm to roughly 18 to 23. Rain is possible any time of the year, though more frequent March through May. Otherwise days are often a mix of crystal blue skies and brilliant white puffy clouds. A brief afternoon shower or thunderstorm is not uncommon. At this elevation and climate, mosquitoes are quite rare.
To be prepared we suggest the following:
- Hiking shoes/boots (good chance you’ll step in a cow patty)
- Sunscreen and Hat (the sun can be intense)
- Fleece or wool sweater
- Shorts or lightweight pants for hiking
- Headlamp or torch for late night hikes or spotting tree frogs
- Wind/weather proof shell jacket/parka